5,4,and 2

5,4,and 2

Thursday, April 2, 2009

What a Day!

Today has been long and spent mostly in a car. It all started this morning when we (by we I mean Chris did all the work) loaded two of our vehicles and made an attempt to leave our house by seven A.M. The cars got loaded and we all pulled out of the driveway at 7:09a.m., not bad on our start time! Chris drove the Grand Prix and Joselyn and I followed in the Intrepid, and we set off to Zeigler to move a few things and leave a car at the new home. After taking the worst road ever, we at least learned not to take that road on future trips. We arrived in Zeigler at 11:45a.m. to a house full of precious church members frantically making our new home absolutely spotless! I am pretty sure the house will never be that clean again. We had a great time of fellowship and all took a break to go eat at the local Cafe. After lunch we started our trip back to Lodiburg. We took an alternate route and made it in a little less than three hours on the trip home. I have a feeling I am going to despise getting in a car to go much of any where after this move is over. Our wonderful daughter was absolutley amazing all day, she never had a cross thing to say all day!!!! She loved getting to use her DVD Player she got from MawMaw for Christmas. Again I can not say what a blessing God has given to us through this child! We got home and decided to go to some friends, who had been out of town, to take them their mail we had been collecting while they were gone. No one really wanted to cook dinner so we all decided the Chinese Buffet could have the job tonight. We are finally home after a day on the road, and thankful to sit still! The reality of this journey is starting to set in for me now, and I have had a rollercoaster of feelings. I am trying to focus on doing all things for the Glory of my creator, and take one day at a time. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment