5,4,and 2

5,4,and 2

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Little Mommy..........


Blowing kisses


Daddy, she is my baby!


Taking baby for a walk


I am helping mommy sweep the floor, she's too fat to bend over.



I realize it has been a good while since I have posted anything so here is a little update on Joselyn. She has turned into a little mommy at just fifteen months old. She carries her baby doll around every where she goes and cares for it. We got her baby doll stroller out and she puts the baby doll in it and gives it rides all around the house. We have been getting "real" baby gear out and setting it up lately, and when I tell Jos something is for the baby she goes and finds her baby doll and puts it in.

This week was also the week we decided Joselyn no longer needed her pacifier. We had originally taken it away the week she turned one but she became ill and I gave it back because she was so pitiful. With the move in sight and just finding out we were going to have another baby I could not decide when was a good time so it got put off a bit. She has only ever been allowed to use it for naps and at bed time, but lately she has started to hide them from us and sneak off to her room and get it out during other times of the day. So, we decided now is the time, I have always been an all or nothing kind of person, so they are really gone, no more smiles through it in the morning when we get her out of bed, or seeing her tongue stick out the side when she is feeling silly. The baby days of my first child are quickly fleeting and she is turning into a little girl, well except she still has very little hair. Monday the first nap she threw her first real fit in life, kicking and screaming, the whole works. Another reason why I should never of given it back to her before, my mistake. The second nap daddy put her to bed and the same thing happened, this time I had to go to the basement and do laundry so I couldn't hear the screams. All day we would try and get her to go to her room to get a clean diaper or a change of clothes and she would cry and not want any part of it, this is coming from the child who normally plays in her room by herself for a good portion of the day. Then it was finally the dreaded bedtime, we read a story and tucked her in and I decided to stay and comfort her to avoid the screaming. She only woke up once in the night, and by the time I got back to her room she had already fallen back to sleep. I would say we are getting there! Maybe the new baby won't want a pacifier, so I won't have to break another child's heart when I take it away, but I know in the girl's lives there will be lots of heart break, and at least this one won't be remembered long.

No comments:

Post a Comment